Saturday, October 8, 2016

Travel with dailydelicious: Good Morning! Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh)

Ho Chi Minh's Statue
I went to Vietnam, 2 months ago ^^, actually I really want to write about it as soon as possible but due to my busy lifestyle (again, it's not about work, haha). I didn't have enough time.


 I went there with my sister and her family, so 4 of us were ready to have a good time! Well, it's our first time in Vietnam. Our destination was Ho Chi Minh city, it takes only 1.30 hours from Suwannaphum airport.

 We spent our nights here at Intercontinental (Asiana saigon). 

 The room is great!, the bed and pillow are comfortable, and it's in the heart of the city ^^.

Beautiful bathroom, (and it's mine!).
Well, let's go to see the city.

Saigon Central Post Office
Not far from the hotel, it's Saigon Central Post Office, this famous building was designed by renowned French architect, Gustave Eiffel (I think you know him, ^^). Its look, reminiscent of  railway stations in early Europe. 

 It's a working post office, but you will find many souvenir shops here (because this place is one of famous tourist attraction).

Vietnam Lacquerware
 Vietnam Lacquerware is very famous, it dates back to the 18th century, and the best one is created by hand and it's time and labour-intensive process. I found small one are great for buying (and it's not take so much space).

But the thing that I love most is the flour, it's beautiful!

Notre Dame Cathedral

Across the street is Notre Dame Cathedral. It was built in 1877 with materials imported from France (wow!), and it's a favourite spot for wedding photographers ^^.


Next to the landmark Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral, on Nguyen Van Binh road, it's a book street. This short street has 20 sidewalk book stalls (unfortunately, I couldn't find English language book here), outdoor book cafe, and kiosks for selling newspapers, books, pictures, paintings and souvenirs.

Book cafe
Cute handmade souvenirs

Me and Tintin !
At the end of Nguyen Hue street in district 1, it's the City hall. Completed in 1908, the design is based on the original in Paris. At night, the lighting is very beautiful (I didn't have a chance to come to take a photo at night). 

Walking or crossing the street is scary, haha, because there are a lot of motorcycles and they came from everywhere (not only on the street -*-), but as long as you walk slowly and with caution there won't be any problem.

No Parking here!

L'usine
After sightseeing, let's go to a cafe tour!
I 'm happy that I have a chance to come here, because there are so many cafes that we can have a good relaxing time. One of the place that I really like is L'usine 
(151/1 Dong Khoi St, District 1, 7000 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam).

 Siting and relaxing in this cafe after a long walk is one of the best moment for me.

 Reward myself with a cup of Latte.

Beside from the food and drink, there a space for shopping, both lifestyle product, clothes and handmade accessories.

And we found this place by chance ^^, because, the rain kept falling, we couldn't walk on the street, so we started to find some place to sit.
Slow & Chill, this cafe is on the 2nd, 90 Nguyen Hue Street Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
When walking into the building, this cafe is on the 4th flour (well, I'm not sure about it, haha it's dark and we kept climbing up the stair).

 It's good for taking your time, chit-chat or siting on the window seeing the view outside.

And the drinks here are quite good, ^^.


 But, if you ask me, which one is the best (in my opinion), I must say " Pacey's cupcake"
This small cupcake shop is on 53g Nguyễn Du, Hồ Chí Minh, Bến Nghé.

 With cute design, you will fall in love with this place ^^.

 There are space on the second flour, that we spent our time enjoying their cupcakes.

 All of them are delicious!

But the one that I like most is this one " Moon cake cupcake".
With sweetened bean paste inside and on top, it's the mixture of east and west in one bite. The cake is a soft brown sugar butter cake that's not too sweet, it's the winner for both idea and flavour!



Beside from a lot of cafe ^^, the place that's good for spending time eating is Takashimaya.
(Takashimaya Việt Nam at Saigon Centre, 65 Le Loi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District1, Hồ Chí Minh)


If you love Japanese style sweet, I really recommend. 


 Going to Vietnam, I think eating Vietnam food is one of my mission.
But I didn't have enough time, so I chose to use Food tour.

The one that I used is Vespa Adventures .
We rode the Vespa scooter and took a night tour to enjoy different kinds of Vietnamese food both street food, restaurant and bars.

We started by eating sea food at district 8, it's quite far from the center of the city but this place's famous for its sea food.


They are delicious, but the problem is I couldn't remember the name, haha.

 The food are close to Thai food, too.

 The only thing that I can remember is this dish, you can call it "Jumping chicken". The fact is it's a frog! Anyway, it's not bad and yes, it tastes like chicken!.

 The next stop we went to eat Turmeric wafers at Quán Bánh khọt.

 Delicious fresh food.

 And yes, fried food.

 They cook the food here.

 Turmeric wafers 


 Dipping the vegetable into the water and brush rice sheet until soften before eating.

 Dip it in a sauce, and enjoy!

 After that we went to listen to music at a lounge, and had some drink.

 And finish our day at acoustic bars.
With live music, and a drink, I had so much fun here.

Riding on a scooter at night is my great experience because I had so much fun.

 Street foods are great too! 


Bún riêu cua is served with tomato broth and topped with freshwater crab, well, eating it in a hot day is a bit too much for me, but it's delicious, haha.

 You can find many Vietnamese restaurant and many of them are good.

 We ordered a lot of food. (Sorry that it's too hard for me to understand the name of the food).

 Anyway, it's yummy.

 With fresh vegetable.




Cuc Gach Quan (at10 Đặng Tất, Tân Định, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh,) This restaurant serves family style food, that Vietnamese are actually eat them at home. 
The menu book is very thick, and I didn't know what to order, haha. But you can ask the staff to recommend them for you.

 My favourite menu is Dau hu chien sa: Tofu with frosty pork, I can finish all of them by myself.

 This chicken in soy sauce is very good with rice.

Every morning, we spending time having breakfast at the hotel, well, we're too lazy to wake up early and go outside, and the hotel offered great choice for breakfast too.


 The place, where we had our breakfast.


 They served local food too.


 It's not bad at all but the choice was not much, and if you want real Vietnamese food, you has to find it outside.

 Cute milk bottle, and fruit juice.

All of my breakfasts!

Full of crab!

Poached Eggs for breakfast.

Beef strew

Really love this egg dishes.
The breads here are base on Dean Brettschneider's consultant (he is a famous NZ baker) and most of them are delicious. 

 The last day of my vacation, we decided to spend our day at Hotel's spa.

 We (me and my sister) chose Detoxing Aroma Indulgence and Tropical fresh course.

 Love the  atmosphere.

 It's very relaxing here.

 After 2 hours here, we're ready to go back to our day life and doing our work again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm following your blogs for a long time. I love your blogs, your photos and your style in baking. I'm from Ho chi minh city. If I know you came to my city, I'm willing to be your tour guide. Hope that you enjoyed your trip in HCMC.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...