Sunday, December 13, 2015

Chocolate Chiffon cake with Nutella Ganache

 It's so easy for me to be obsessed with new game, haha. Well I told you before that when I'm not in the kitchen you can see me holding PS Vita (mobile, NDS, well I play almost every platform ^^".


For me playing game is not wasting time, I get many thing from it. First I learn Japanese by playing a lot of adventure game ^^, and it gives me imagination.  
Anyway I have to accept that it takes a lot of time too. So when I'm so addicted to game, I don't want to do anything much (you can find me sit and play game quietly for 3 hours without saying a word, haha). 
But I still come back to my kitchen, it's the most comforting place for me, making something delicious and sit (playing game, haha) while waiting for the cake in the oven. This time, it's easy cake (I use this word too often, but I don't know do I have to change?, it's very easy indeed). Chiffon cake is good to make when you want something not too heavy as pound or butter cake, and you can use different cream, butter cream or ganache to pair with it. And it's much easier than sponge cake.
This time to make it easier, I bake my cake in 20 cm pan, and finish it in 18 cm pan. As you can see that the cake will shrink a bit after cooling so it will fit in 18 cm pan perfectly. By place the layer in the pan, you don't have to do anything much with the frosting process. Pour the ganache over the layer (when it thicken slightly), and it will be smooth and shine ^^. But the most important thing is use base removable pan for setting the cake, so you can remove it from the pan easily. Now, I got delicious chocolate and it's time for me to go back playing game, haha.




Chocolate Chiffon cake with Nutella Ganache
Make 18x18 cm cake


Chocolate Chiffon cake
65ml .............................. Vegetable oil ( I use rice barn oil)
4 ..................................... Egg yolks
4 ...................................... Egg whites
135g ................................ Brown sugar 
50g ................................. Granulated sugar 
20g .................................. Cocoa powder
130g ............................... Cake flour
1/2 tsp ........................... Baking Powder
100ml ............................ Milk
1/2 tsp ........................... Salt
1tsp ................................ Vanilla extract

Nutella Ganache
220g ................................. Dark chocolate 
220g ................................. Chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
330g ................................. Whipping cream 


 



  Preheat the oven to 170C
Line 20x20 cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour, baking powder cocoa powder and salt together.

Beat the egg yolks with brown sugar until smooth add the oil and whisk to combine.
Add the milk and whisk to combine. 
Add the vanilla extract and mix until combine.
Pour the flour mixture into the bowl mix until combine.


 Whip the egg whites until frothy, slowly add the granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks formed.
Fold into the batter in 2 or 3 additions until combine.
Pour into the prepared pan, tap lightly to remove large air bubble.
Bake for 40 minutes.


Melt the dark chocolate by put in a bowl, and place the bowl over a bowl of hot water (don't let the chocolate bowl touch the water). Stir until fully melt.
Put the Nutella into a bowl.
Heat the whipping cream, in the microwave (2-3 minutes 600W) until boil.
Pour the hot cream into a Nutella bowl, stir until combine.
Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and stir until smooth.

Let the ganache cool and thicken before using.

Slice the cake into 2 layers.
Place 1 layer into a 18 cm base removable pan.
Pour half of the ganache over the layer.
Place another layer on top and pour the rest of the ganache over the cake.
Smooth the top and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.



 Chocolate Chiffon cake with Nutella Ganache

9 comments:

  1. What an elegant cake that looks like! Love the nutella ganache, that sounds insanely good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After taking out from fridge, can I leave it at room temp? Will it melt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were to bake in a 6 inch round cake pan, what is the baking time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am a fan of your awesome blog everything you make is so professionally done and gorgeous! I really love your blog it so amazing! The Chocolate Chiffon cake look delicious and very pretty thank you so much for sharing the recipe and the video I really appreciate it! I was wondering can you share a entremet recipe and make a video of it too because it been a long time since you make a entremet?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot start playing games or reading mangas or watching dramas because I'll be so hooked I will not want to do anything else haha. This chiffon cake looks so classy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, June
    Thank you, it's very good esp. if you love Nutella, haha.

    Hi, Milo
    The ganache will be very soft but not melt ^^, and if you want to make 6 inch cake use only 3/4 of the batter.

    Hi, Anonymous.
    Thank you for being my fan for a long time.
    I really want to make the entremet too, haha, but I don't have much time lately, anyway you will see the new entremet recipe in my blog for sure.

    Hi, Jasline.
    Thank you, hope you try this recipe, ^^.
    I always addict to 2-3 games at the same time, haha, it's my bad habit--*.


    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, in 6 inch round pan how long is the baking time? 30 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi can I make this chocolate chiffon in 18cm tube pan? Arigato 😊

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...