Sunday, August 16, 2015

One bowl chocolate chip cake with crushed strawberry butter cream

 After making time consuming entremets, I'm back to lazy mode again, haha.

 Well, I still bake everyday but easy is what I'm looking for. As I said, easy doesn't mean bad, not tasty or not interesting, and doesn't mean that you can play with flavour. Today I woke up and thought about chocolate cake, you know that I'm crazy about it and I didn't have it enough lately. But with lazy mode, I didn't want to spend 2 day for it, something quick is the best choice. 
One bowl chocolate for me, it has to use only one bowl, and yes you can see that you put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir that's all, because lazy mode means I don't want to wash a lot of dish too, haha.
Because I have strawberries in the fridge, so I thought it would be great to mix it with chocolate (they belong to each other anyway, ^^). So, I made easy butter cream (no, don't talk to me about any kinds meringue here, only icing, butter and whipping cream is enough). You just put everything into a bowl and whisk until smooth, Done! 
Because the butter cream contains fresh fruit, it's better to finish it in 1-2 days, anyway mine is almost gone by now, so I don't have to worry about it, haha. 


One bowl chocolate chip cake with crushed strawberry butter cream
Makes 15cm cake

 Chocolate chip cake
60g ......................... All purpose flour
1/2tsp ..................... Baking soda
35g ......................... Cocoa powder
80g ......................... Vegetable oil (I use rice bran oil)
80g ......................... Whipping cream
1tsp ........................ Lemon juice
100g ....................... Granulated sugar
1 ............................. Egg
1/2tsp ..................... Vanilla extract
1/4tsp ..................... Salt
30g ......................... Chocolate chips

Crushed strawberry buttercream 
60g .......................... Unsalted butter
50g .......................... Icing sugar
30g .......................... Whipping cream
100g ........................ Strawberry, chopped

................................. Icing sugar, for sprinkle over the cake

Preheat the oven to 180C
Line 15cm. pan with baking paper.

 Put egg, oil, whipping cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt into a bowl, and whisk to combine.

 Sift flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder into the bowl, follow by the chocolate chips.

Stir until combine.

 Pour into prepared pan.

 Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick insert into a center come out clean.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.


Crushed strawberry buttercream :
Put all the ingredients except the strawberry, into a bowl.
Whisk until smooth.

Put 70g of chopped strawberry into the bowl, stir and lightly press until combine.
Frost the top of the cake with butter cream, top with the rest of the chopped strawberry, and sprinkle the icing sugar over the cake.


One bowl chocolate chip cake with crushed strawberry butter cream

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...