Thursday, May 1, 2014

Peanut crisps: Portable peanut butter (for me)

 If you love chunky peanut butter, I think you will love this cookie too.

 This thin cookie is like the chunky peanut butter in a crispier form. It's very easy to make, beating the ingredients together is all you have to do. I know that most of the things that I made lately are quite easy. Well, there are so many things to do lately, I'm renovating some parts of my house and I spend each day packing or searching for my baking and cooking equipments -*- (plus washing dishes outside the house as I don't have REAL kitchen right now). It's not easy to live like this but I think I will adapt myself to suit the situation, maybe I can start by baking in my bedroom for month, haha. Anyway, even I really want to do that, I can't. My bedroom filled with too many books so there aren't enough space and now I have to sleep with some of the baking equipments that I want to keep them safe, ^^". Ok, you can call me crazy, but after spending my time searching for them, I don't want to lost them. So to keep me sane I need comfort food, and yes peanut butter is one of them. Baking this cookie, smell the delicious fragrance and finally taste the rich and sweet peanut butter like of the cookie, well it's another good moment for me (even the fact is I live in a chaos, hehe).



Peanut crisps
Makes 16 cookies

 150g ............................. All purpose flour
1/4tsp ........................... Salt
1/4tsp ........................... Baking soda
115g ............................... Unsalted butter
150g .............................. Brown sugar
90g ................................ Granulated sugar
1 ..................................... Egg
1tsp ............................... Vanilla extract
150g .............................. Salted roasted peanut

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 2 sheet pans with baking paper.
Sift the flour and baking soda together.


 Beat the butter until soft, add both kinds of sugar with salt , then beat until smooth.
Add the egg and beat until combine, then add the vanilla extract, beat to combine.
Pour the sifted flour and peanut into the bowl.
Fold to combine.
Use a scoop to potion the cookies dough, (mine is about 2 inch), place the dough on the baking sheet, 3 inch apart (the cookie will spread  while cooking).
Bake the cookie in batch, for 13-15 minutes (15 minutes if you want it to be crispier).
Note: if you want your cookie to be uniform, cut it with cookie cutter after baking ^^.


Peanut crisps: Portable peanut butter (for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...