Friday, May 30, 2014

Apple cream cake: Simple cake for today

 If I have to choose the only cake that I can eat for the rest of my life, I can answer you right away I choose"Apple cake".
Softness of the cooked apple is my weak point, plus the lovely fragrance while making it, well I think I'm in love with cooked apple, haha. You can have unlimited recipe for apple cake (I have a lot of them in my blog ^^). You can mix it with many ingredients to create interesting new flavour too. 
But even there are a lot of possibly, sometimes the most delicious kind of apple cake is the simple one. This cake is a simple form of apple cake, not too much apple and nothing more then vanilla, butter, sugar, flour, egg and cream, stable ingredients that I always have.
 For this cake, you cook the apple in the microwave before adding it into the batter and it make the texture of the cake better as water form the apple is less (it comes out of the apple pieces and mix into the batter instead). 
I have to tell you that I didn't have a chance to keep this cake longer than 2 hours, as it gone after it cool and cut into pieces ^^. Ps. Serve it with a cup of tea is highly recommended. 


Apple cream cake
Make 18cm cake


1 ................................... Apple (I use Granny Smith), peeled and cut into small pieces
2tbsp ............................ Granulated sugar (A)
100g ............................. Unsalted butter
....................................... Pinch of salt
1/2tsp ........................... Vanilla bean paste
80g ................................ Granulated sugar (B)
2 .................................... Eggs
100ml ........................... Whipping cream
150g .............................. Cake flour
1tsp ............................... Baking powder
....................................... Icing sugar for sprinkle over the cake

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 18cm round pan with baking paper (I use large brioche pan ^^, so I have to butter and flour it).
Sift the flour and baking powder together.

 Put apple pieces and sugar (A) in a microwavable bowl, mix to combine.
Cover the bowl and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes (600w).
Remove from the microwave and let it cool before using.

 Beat butter with salt until soft, add vanilla bean paste, beat to combine.
Pour the sugar(B) in to the bowl beat until light and fluffy.
Pour the egg into the bowl beat to combine, add the whipping cream and beat to combine.
Put the apple pieces into the bowl, fold to combine, add the flour mixture, and fold to combine.
Pour into the prepared baking pan, bake for 45-55minutes.
Note: You may need to cover the top of the cake with aluminium foil after baking for 30 minutes. Check for doneness after baking for 40 minutes to prevent over bake ^^.
Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then let the cake cool on a wire rack.
Sprinkle the icing sugar over the cake before serving.
Apple cream cake: Simple cake for today

5 comments:

  1. looks really soft and fluffy =) thanks for sharing! I love baking with apples too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love apples in baked goods too, I'll have to try this one someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dailydelicious! I hope you will see and help me solve my problem. I always get trouble with mascarpone cheese, when I whisk it with egg york to make tiramisu. It does not come out smooth. I did leave it at room temperature. It is smooth at first, then after I add more cheese, the texture will change, I see some tiny spot in there. Please, let me no what went wrong. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. this cake looks so good, bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Pham Tra
    Mascarpone separates easily, so it's better to use a spatula to soften it, than whisk it, when it soft enough press it until combine ^^.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...