Monday, November 4, 2013

Mini Matcha Madeleines: Mini size I love you

 I think many people are the same as me, the crazy for mini size of everything ^^. 

 I love all the mini size pans and moulds, buying a lot of them without thinking at all, haha. Mini Madeleines is one of them, this small cookie (or you can think about it as mini cake), is so cute, before realizing, I have almost 10 of them in my kitchen. Actually it's one of my sister favorite cookie, she loves it so much and finish them quickly every time that I make. The only reason that I don't want to make it often is I don't like to butter and flour the pan -*-, and it's something that we must do, and do it properly otherwise the cookie will stick to the pan like crazy. If you want you can use the silicone pan, but my sister insist that she love the crunchiness around the cookie that comes from using metal pan (I think it comes from the butter and flour that we use), so I don't use mine. But if you don't own this specific pan, mini muffin is a great substitute. 
Making this little cookie is very easy, just beating all the ingredients and let them rest (the flour will absorb the liquid properly, then add the melted butter and fold to combine, that's all. This time I make mine using the green tea powder (matcha), that turn out to be a big hit in my family, haha. My 30 cookies gone in one day (my niece ate about 6 of them). Serve it with hot tea is great but for children they seen to be happy with a cup of milk.



Matcha Madeleines
Makes 30 mini size Madeleines pans

 2 ................................... Eggs
90g ................................ Granulated sugar
130g .............................. Plain flour
7g ................................... Baking powder
1tbsp .............................. Matcha (green tea powder)
25g ................................. Honey
130g ............................... Melted butter
......................................... Pinch of salt

Sift both of the flour, Matcha and baking powder together, set aside.


  Whip the eggs and salt until foamy, add sugar gradually, whip until the mixture is white and thicken, add the honey, whip until combine.
 Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, in 3-4 additions.
Cover with the plastic wrap and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C
Butter and flour the madeleine pans (do it properly, it can stick to the pan like crazy ^^").
Pour the melted butter into the egg bowl, fold until combine.
Pipe or spoon the batter into the pans.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.


Mini Matcha Madeleines: Mini size I love you 

4 comments:

  1. Trop gourmandes ces madeleines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini madeleines look super delectable and yummy!! Mini size is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all things mini too! this is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...