Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blackberry Pavlovas: Easy and lovely dessert


Easy, easy, and easy, I can’t say more. If you ever make a meringue but found it soft and chewy inside, that is what we want for the Pavlova. I love this kind of dessert from its soft and rich flavors (the sweet meringue, the unsweetened whipped cream and a sweet and a little sour from the fruit compote). This recipe is from the ........ (it’s on the cover of the magazine, actually when I saw the book this is the first recipe that I wanted to try). The blackberry sauce is very easy to make too, and if you like you can use other kind of fruit but just stay on the sweet and lightly sour taste. This dessert is great for party and many part of it can be prepared in advance, even the whipped cream. Just bake the meringue, make the sauce and whip the cream in the last minute (or buy a ready whipped cream which can be used any time). So, come and enjoy the easy and delicious dessert with me.

Blackberry Pavlovas
Serves 6


4
Egg whites
300 g
caster sugar
2 tsp
white vinegar
2 tsp
cornflour
1 tsp
vanilla extract
500g
blackberries
284ml
double cream / whipped cream, whipped


Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Draw 6 small on a sheet of baking parchment and put it with the draw side down on a baking sheet. Whisk the egg whites until reach stiff peaks then whisk in 250g sugar in large spoonfuls until you have a stiff, shiny meringue mixture. Whisk in vinegar, corn flour and vanilla. Dollop the mixture out on the circles on the parchment and make dips in the center.
Bake for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½ and bake for an hour more-the meringue should be a very pale biscuit colour. Cool a little then carefully peel off the paper and put the meringue on a serving plate.


While the meringue is cooking, put ¾ of the blackberry and the rest of the sugar in a pan and cook for a few minutes over a low heat until the blackberries begin to soften give up their juice and the sugar dissolves. Cool then stir in the uncooked blackberries.


Once the meringues are cool, spoon cream into the dips in the centre then spoon over the blackberries.
Adaptation from: Olive magazine issue September 08


Blackberry Pavlovas

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pook,

    Can I substitute blackberry with other berries or mango coz it is hard to find blackberry here in Malaysia :)

    I have tried out ur Cheese Sausage Rolls...fantastic and thanks for ur recipe. I have posted up on my blog and have linked you.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you like the Cheese Sausage Rolls, ^_^.

    And about the Pavlovas, you can use other kind of fruits, but I think the sour taste fruits will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook,
    Everyone in the family loves the cheese sausage rolls and even readers that came to my blog thought it was great ^_*.

    Yup, I will substitute with sour fruits then. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pook

    I am a new reader of your blog and I think your blog is fantastic!! All the bakes looks good and I am sure taste delicious too!

    A question about pavlovas, can the pavlovas keep long? If I bake it one day ahead and serve it the next day, is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook,

    I love your blog! Thank you. It's inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...